The client is an industry-leader in creating spaces that have a lasting, positive impact on both current and future users. Between 2015-2017, we transformed nine of our own offices in Canada, including our Corporate Headquarters featured herein, to create a model workplace of the future based on the emerging WELL Building Standard. Our workplace concept focuses on the end-users and their interaction with space, rather than the physical space itself. Developed with input from the employees, our design stands on five key pillars:
1. Culture & Brand: Designed to reflect flexible and entrepreneurial culture, our workplace is open, streamlined and modern, allowing for impressive employee and client interactions. Brand signage has been strategically placed throughout in both subtle and bold applications.
2. Wellness: Numerous wellness features have been implemented – sit-stand desks, hydration stations, superior indoor air quality systems, access to natural light and views, circadian rhythm-friendly light fixtures, best-in-class acoustic absorption and VOC-free finishes.
3. Connection: Interconnecting stairs and multiple cafés promote serendipitous collisions.
4. Choice: Twelve options of work and collaboration settings including focus rooms, huddle rooms and touchdown areas, as also modular furniture that can be adapted to evolving needs.
5. Mobility: Extensive digitization, supported by compatible technology packages, for paper-free workflow and seamless employee mobility. The entire workplace experience has been enhanced with 100% recyclable, PVC-free, acoustic absorbent, high-quality Shaw Contract carpets installed throughout. A post-occupancy survey revealed increased employee satisfaction and productivity, as well as decreased turnover. By efficiently marrying aesthetics and sustainability, the client has made a compelling statement in the realm of progressive workplaces. Today, we are proud that four of our offices, including the head office, have received the cutting-edge WELL Certification.
The client’s workplace concept was designed to reflect the flexible and entrepreneurial nature of our business, by offering increased choice, mobility and connectivity while being mindful of overall wellness and brand visibility. To support this goal, we undertook extensive digitization to free up space, reduce paper footprint and augment possibilities to stay connected from anywhere, at any time. Our results speak for themselves:
· Open and streamlined work areas, with a choice of 12 formal and informal meeting rooms to facilitate employee and client interactions.
· The RISE Café, an inviting, dynamic, communal space, enables connection among employees across departments. This Wi-Fi-enabled destination offers harvest-style seating for teams as well as individual seating.
· All employees have been provided with the same IT and furnishings “kit of parts” that include sit-stand desks, dual monitors, laptops, docking stations, Bluetooth headphones and convenient desktop power. Hoteling stations allow visiting employees or clients to dock within seconds.
· Our “agile” approach and click-share technology enable employees to bring their laptops anywhere in the workplace to collaborate, review and share documents.
· Easy-to-use scan stations help create and send digitized files to multiple people from the scan station itself.
· Follow Me Printing allows employees to send print jobs into a cloud-based queue and print them in any office across Canada.
· Video conference and wireless presentation capabilities support increased connectedness with other offices in Canada.
· All workstations, huddle rooms and telephone rooms are modular and standardized for increased long-term flexibility and team relocation. In short, the client stands out as a well-connected workplace that supports organizational flexibility, employee wellness and sustainability.